The final meeting for the State Advisory Council regarding proposed language for Article 7 is this Friday, December 14. It will be held at the Carmel Clay Educational Service Center, 5201 East 131 Street Carmel, IN 46033, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The agenda for this meeting is to finish voting on the proposed language for Article 7. Family Voices urges its members to give input on issues of interest including, but not limited to:
- early childhood/preschool hours and caseload
- age of transition
- discipline and manifestation determination
- board of special education appeals
- training for school personnel
- parental consent/change of placement
The next step will be public hearings and presentation of the proposed language to the State Board of Education. Family Voices will update its members on these steps as soon as a schedule is made available.