This bulletin is an update up to the announcement the Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services (DDRS) sent on the comprehensive statewide informational forum scheduled to occur Wednesday, December 17, 2008, from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). The presentation is to educate consumers and all stakeholders on new processes and expectations that will apply under the Objective Assessment System for Individual Supports (OASIS) that is to roll-out beginning in January 2009.
The single presentation format will ensure that each individual involved has the most up-to-date information. We have made arrangements for a variety of viewing possibilities to accommodate as many people as possible:
* Primary host location is in the Indiana Government Center-South Auditorium
* Live streaming of host presentation on the World Wide Web:
* Live streaming of host presentation to seven (7) satellite locations across Indiana. BDDS District Managers will moderate at each location (see below)
* Video tape of the presentation, to be edited for length, to be posted for online viewing as quickly as possible following the live presentation.
* An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing will be available at the primary host location and the interpretation will be viewable at the satellite locations. If you will require accommodations or have questions about accessibility, please call
(317) 234-5222 or 1-888-527-0008 as soon as possible prior to the event.
December 17, 2008, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
System Transformation Locations:
BDDS District 5: Indiana Government Center South (IGCS), Main Auditorium
403 W. Washington St, Indianapolis, IN
Event Satellite Locations (live video feed):
BDDS District 1: Purdue Extension
880 E. 99th Ct., Crown Point, IN
BDDS District 2: Indiana University
Wiekamp Hall, Room 1001 (Parking connected to building), South Bend, IN
BDDS District 3: Public Safety Academy of Northeast Indiana
7602 Patriot Crossing Auditorium, Fort Wayne, IN
BDDS District 4: Indiana State University
Room Science 012 (next to the Union Building), Terre Haute, IN
BDDS District 6: Ball State University
Ball Communications Building (BC 129)
McKinley Avenue, Muncie
BDDS District 7: Ivy Tech State College
3501 1st Ave. North Side Auditorium, Evansville
BDDS District 8: Jackson County Library
303 W Second St, Seymour
Please submit your questions to the Help Line for assistance relating to the OASIS system transformation:
* OASIS-ICAP Help Lines: (317) 234-5222 or 1-888-527-0008
* Email: OASIS-ICAPHelp@fssa.IN.gov
We will be compiling questions submitted via the Help Line along with the questions submitted to us during the presentation. Prior to the end of December, we will release a comprehensive question-and-answer bulletin along with any new updates with the system transformation.