Members of Family Voices Indiana attended the Select Joint Commission on Medicaid Oversight meeting Tuesday at the statehouse. Family Voices tweeted in real time on Twitter @FVIndiana as well. Rylin Rodgers spoke on behalf of Family Voices Indiana and that testimony is embedded below.
The following were key points of that meeting:
(1) Update on implementation of the hybrid eligibility system.
- Michael Gargano, Secretary, FSSA
· FSSA program enrollment is up by 44%
· Pending applications and backlogs have dropped 82% since the takeover from IBM
· They are tracking local office calls
(2) Overview of preparation and development of healthcare exchanges
and federal health care reform.
- Seema Verma, Health Care Reform Lead
· References to the lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of requiring individual health insurance
· HIP is being expanded to include 8000 childless adults
· Healthcare exchanges are envisioned to be a marketplace for consumers to purchase products and compare plans
· By 2019 there are expected to be changes to the state high risk pool insurance plans b/c of changes regarding pre-existing conditions via the ACA
Note: Representatives Welch and C Brown requested greater legislator involvement in ACA implementation
(3) Overview of the Medicaid family planning State Plan Amendment. and Provider reimbursement rates and cost initiatives.
- Pat Casanova, Director, OMPP
· Designation of new aid category and presumptive eligibility for family planning services
· Provider rate cuts that included testimony from several affected groups: Optometry, Chiropractic services, Podiatry and Pharmacy
· 2014 may see a change in essential Medicaid packages for adults
Note: Family Voices encourages its members to share any difficulties locating Medicaid providers and/or access to services with their legislators
(5) HP and MCOs contract performance reports.
· MHS, MdWise and Advantage shared denial reasons and rates as well as other reportable data
(6) Update on Developmental Disabilities Home & Community-based
Services Waiver revisions. (HEA 1001 - 2011, SECTION 144)
- Julia Holloway, Director, DDRS
- Kim Dodson, The ARC of Indiana
- Rylin Rodgers, Family Voices Indiana
· There is currently a group meeting weekly to look at issues. That group includes The Arc of Indiana, INARF, IPMG, INABC
· There are plans to hold regional forums with families and self advocates to get input on the issues
· Draft report expected by end of Sept
(7) Select next meeting date & Other Business.
Next meeting Sept 14 at 2p