The Family Leadership Development Fund assists families to participate in activities (public forums and meetings, task forces and work groups, etc.) that are intended to solicit public/consumer input and perspective concerning disability-related public policy, programs and services.
Some examples of approved activities might include attendance at these public meetings: State Advisory Council for Special Education (SAC), Interagency Coordinating Council (ICC), Developmental Disability (DD) commission, Select Joint Commission for Medicaid Oversight, Transition council, Sunny Start advisory council, Head Start council, etc
This funding does NOT pay for trainings and conferences. Families are encouraged to apply for other sources of funding: GPCPD consumer investment fund, parent training in the IEP, local service organizations, parent training funds via the Medicaid waiver program
Parents who request to participate in formal meetings, committees, task force, etc. may receive a stipend, if approved. The following stipulations generally apply:
• must be the parent of a child with disabilities and/or special health care needs
• must have no other paid affiliation or role with the organization hosting the formal meeting, committee, task force, etc.
• must not be participating with the financial support of another program
• events or activities of 4 hours or less/day (including travel) may be reimbursed $50
• events or activities of more than 4 hours/day (including travel) may be reimbursed $100
• families may access this for stipends totaling $250/yr
• priority will be given to families who agree to write a summary of the mtg for Family Voices
• An email or signed letter of verification from the head of the agency or organization sponsoring the activity to Family Voices Indiana
To apply for this funding, please request an application from the Family Voices Indiana health information center by calling 317 944 8982 or emailing Jennifer@fvindiana.org