Sunday, April 15, 2012
Amendment to Aged and Disabled waiver
Family Voices Indiana shares this announcement from FSSA. If your child has this waiver and you have concerns, you should speak to your case manager.
Amendment to Indiana Aged & Disabled Waiver
Impacts: Aged & Disabled Waiver Participants
Effective: March 1, 2012
**Please Note: Changes will not impact your current plan of care or the services you receive **
An amendment to the Aged & Disabled home and community based waiver has been approved with an
effective date of March 1, 2012. Please be assured the changes in this amendment do not require a change
to any individual’s current plan of care. You do not have to take any action regarding these changes.
The following changes went into effect on March 1, 2012:
1. Add Medicaid Aid Categories (to align with approved eligibility criteria in other Indiana home
and community based waivers)
2. Remove the service limit on Attendant Care Service
3. Remove the service limit on Respite Service
4. Change the name of Adult Foster Care to Adult Family Care
5. Remove Environmental Modification language stating permanent ramps "must be a wooden
6. Update all references to the Aging Rule (previously 460 IAC 1.2) to 455 IAC 2 throughout
Please contact your waiver case manager with any questions you have regarding these changes or if you
feel that your current plan of care is not meeting your needs.