Family Voices Indiana is partnering with Region 4 Midwest Genetics Collaborative to offer Care Coordination: Empowering Families training to parents of children with genetic conditions in Indianapolis, IN on October 1st, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please share this flyer/email with your parent networks in Indianapolis and the surrounding area!! This training is open to any parent or legal guardian of a child (birth-18) who has been identified or diagnosed with a genetic condition.
The purpose of this one day training is to help parents learn:
· How to identify a medical home
· Techniques to organize information and find reliable resources
· Tips to navigate health care and insurance systems
· Skills to increase communication and coordination between multiple providers
· How to plan early for child’s transition
· Ideas for coping with stress and finding support
· Advocacy skills
Location: Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University Health
Date: Tuesday, Oct 1st , 2013
Time: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (Lunch will be provided)
Participants who attend will receive a $150 gift card to offset time and childcare costs.
Parents must pre-register to attend (registration link is below) and childcare is not available on site.
If you have any questions, please contact Kristen Hawkins, Parent Coordinator for Region 4 Midwest Genetics Collaborative at 517.324.7396 or firstname.lastname@example.org