Family Voices Indiana shares the following from Indiana Coalition for Human Services:
A quick update on some priorities of ICHS members in the Indiana General Assembly.
- HB1196 - CHINS and Delinquent Child Dual Determination has passed out of the House and Senate with slight differences. Conference committee TBA.
- HB1265 - Designation of Caregiver for Patients will be heard April 8 in Senate Health & Provider Services.
- HB1269 - Mental Health Matters will be heard in Senate Health & Provider Services on April 8.
- SB464 - Mental Health Issues up for third reading.
- SB420 - Developmental Disability Terminology has passed with an amendment in the House.
April 15 is the deadline for bills on third reading and the General Assembly will adjourn on April 29.
ICHS and Indiana Association of United Ways have partnered to offer a webinar series during the legislative session to keep you informed. The first intro webinar was recorded in January and highlighted a number of bills that related to human services. The second, mid-session webinar was recorded March 5 and allowed us to provide detail on bills that are still moving.
The Indiana General Assembly has convened for the 2015 legislative session. Calendars have been posted for the Senate and the House of Representatives. Tools to help you follow the action at the statehouse this session include: