- A great resource for learning more about Pre-Admission Screening Resident Review (PASRR) is the PASRR Technical Assistance Center (PTAC). Its website, www.pasrrassist.org, has a wealth of information about the history and purpose of PASRR and its significance in the provision of long-term services and supports to individuals. For many people, placement in a nursing facility is the best way to care for their chronic medical needs. For others, nursing facility placement may not be appropriate, especially if they have needs the nursing facility is not well-equipped to meet, such as those accompanying a serious mental illness or intellectual disability/developmental disability. PASRR was designed to ensure that individuals are not admitted to or retained in nursing facilities when alternatives exist that better fit their needs. It is all about the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
- The PASRR Redesign FAQs document is now being compiled and is full of your great questions from webinars and emails. Topics include how to access the new system, tools and processes, changes from the current state forms and processes, and even upcoming resources and trainings. Look for PASRR FAQs beginning the week of INpasrr@ascendami.com.. Remember, this is a living document that will be updated, so please continue to email any questions or concerns to Beth Fetzer at
- Make sure to register for one of the next two Ascend/DA webinars, “A First Look at Process and Procedure Changes,” scheduled for and . As a reminder, these webinars will focus on how specific features of the PASRR system will change as of .
- Don’t forget – you can always go back and review slides from previous webinars! Also, please email Ascend at INpasrr@ascendami.com with any questions or concerns regarding webinar registrations.
- As noted in the March 1, 2016, newsletter from Ascend, they accepted an acquisition offer from MAXIMUS, a leading provider of government services nationwide. We have been assured this will not change anything about our PAS/PASRR transition or Ascend's services or role.
- Plans are progressing: the Division of Aging will meet during late March/early April for an ongoing conversation with the various trade association members, from whom we solicited input for the PASRR Redesign plan.
- Stay informed! Sign up to receive Ascend’s email updates, as well as the DA’s regular email updates.