In order for the parent(s) of a child with a disability to access a FAPE for a child, the parent(s) must:
• Give written consent for educational evaluations of the student;
• Participate as a member of the CCC in developing and revising the student’s IEP;
• Give written consent for the school to implement the student’s initial IEP;
• Partner with school personnel as the student’s advocate to identify and ensure appropriate special education and related services; and
• Ensure the IEP is designed to meet the student’s unique educational needs in the LRE appropriate for the child.