Being a member of a CCC may seem intimidating or overwhelming to some parents.
The following are some tips that have been offered to help the student’s
parent(s) feel more comfortable during CCC meetings:
• Make a list of questions so you don’t forget them during the CCC meeting;
• If there is an evaluation report, talk with someone who can explain it in easy
to understand terms;
• Talk with the student’s teacher or other school personnel before the meeting;
• Talk to other parents who have participated in CCC meetings;
• Take someone with you who knows the student; or
• Take Article 7 with you to the CCC meeting.