During the legislative session many interim study committee topics are recommended by the General Assembly. These committees provide legislators with more information on certain topics such as redistricting, immigration and more. The meetings allow experts in the field and state agencies to share information about the current state of certain issues in Indiana. Upcoming committee meetings include:
- Senate Select Committee on Immigration Issues - memo about committee, update on SEA590-11 and presentation from Immigration Reform Law Institute from meeting., , all at . See
- Panel on Alternatives to the ISTEP Program Test - at 9amET.
- Legislative Council, at which time study topic assignments will be made - at 10amET
Check the interim committee calendar for updates. See our quick summary of recommended, required and established study topics.
Weigh in on issues important to you!
Submitting comments during rulemaking periods is an important way to shape policy. State and federal agencies appreciate specific comments about possible impacts and ways to improve proposed rules. Below are a few open comment periods:
- State Board of Dentistry -will hold a hearing on LSA #15-378. to discuss proposed rule about requirements for prescribing opioids for pain management. See
- FSSA, Office of Medicaid -will modify Medicaid reimbursement rule for covered inpatient hospital services. See LSA # 15-418. Hearing on .
- FSSA, Division of Mental Health and Addictions - related to minimum standards for opioid addiction treatment programs. See LSA #16-1, or proposed rule. Deadline: .
- State School Bus Committee, DOE, will hold a hearing on rules related to child alert systems, contents of first aid kits and optional rear stop arms. See LSA #15-426. Hearing on .