Does Your Family Depend on the Affordable Care Act for Insurance Coverage?
We need your help! There are serious threats facing the Affordable Care Act (ACA) – also known as Obamacare – as plans to repeal this landmark law develop. We need families and people with disabilities to contact their Senators and Representatives to let them know why the ACA is such an essential lifeline for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities, including autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, epilepsy and other pre-existing conditions.
Congress is already working to repeal the ACA, but there is no replacement plan that details if developmental disabilities will still be covered. There is no detailed plan that states that people with pre-existing conditions will be covered.
We do not know if your loved ones will be able to keep or find the coverage they need.
What can YOU do? Contact your US Representative and Senators to tell them how the ACA has helped your family. Let them know that your loved one NEEDS the protections and coverage offered by the ACA to be part of any replacement plan.
Tell Congress that they CANNOT repeal the ACA WITHOUT a DETAILED replacement plan that includes:
- Coverage for intellectual and other developmental disabilities – including autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and epilepsy
- Coverage for habilitative services
- Coverage for people with pre-existing conditions from DAY ONE
- Non-discrimination protections included in the ACA with enforcements
- CHOICE of plans in every state and county
- Requirements for “patient care before health insurer profits” – insurers MUST follow clinical standards
of care endorsed by the practicing medical community, not standards devised by insurance company paid administrators and reviewers