Send resume and cover letter to:
or mail to: Family Voices Indiana, 445 N Pennsylvania St Ste 941, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Resumes will be accepted through May 31, 2017
Family Voices Indiana Mission - Our mission is to equip and support families with children and youth experiencing complex care needs or disabilities.
Basic position description: The Executive Director of Family Voices Indiana (FVI) is responsible for the administration, maintenance, and growth of the organization and for equipping and supporting families of children and youth experiencing complex care needs or disabilities. The Executive Director needs to be a passionate and professional person and a self-motivated leader who serves as the keystone of FVI’s operations and activities as well as the face of FVI in the community. The Executive Director is the central point of contact and responsible for all of FVI‘s operations.
Position requirements: Applicants for this position should have a Master degree (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of experience or equivalent knowledge and skills. Five to seven years of relevant experience working with families of children and youth experiencing complex care needs, managing programs and contracts, working in non-profit administration is necessary. Previous experience in grant writing and donor development is essential. Experience as the parent of a child with complex care needs is preferred.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Fund development: write grants, develop sustainable funding sources, implement fundraising events, and develop and retain donors
· Fiscal management and control: oversee bookkeeper and accounting policies and procedures, budgeting, financial reports to the Board, execute and manage contracts
· Marketing: develop and implement marketing strategy for promoting FVI to families, youth, donors, and the Indiana community at large with brochures, website, electronic contact, newsletters, mailing list, press releases, media relations, and other appropriate approaches
· Programming: insure best practices, diverse programming, and evaluation of outcomes
· Human resources: hire and manage staff/contractors, administrative interns, work-study students, and volunteers
· Community relations: develop and strengthen ties with health/medical, community, education, university, family, and governmental organizations/agencies
· Liaison to the Board of Directors: execute FVI’s strategic plan as it applies to management and programming
Reporting Structure: The Executive Director reports directly to and is held accountable by the Board of Directors.
Salary Range: $45,000 to $55,000
FVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer