Monday, July 3, 2017

Caregiver Supports Available NOW

Caregiver Support Services Application Process  
The Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services (DDRS) would like to announce that Caregiver Support Services funds will be available for the fiscal year 2018 beginning July 1, 2017.
The Caregiver Support Services is 100 percent state funded and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Previous applications during fiscal year 2017 for Caregiver Support Services do not carry over to fiscal year 2018.  A new application must be completed for each fiscal year’s Caregiver Support Services funds (July 1 through June 30).  Any pending applications for Caregiver Support Services will be voided the last week of June and a new application must be submitted on or after July 1 for services beginning after July 1.  Individuals that received services during the previous fiscal year are not guaranteed continued services and will be required to complete the application process on or after July 1.  
 As long as the Caregiver Support Services funds are available, services may be approved and accessed to:
  • an individual that meets the state definition of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities level of care and
  • the primary caregiver selects an eligible provider. 
  • Please note: Caregiver Support Services will not be available to the primary caregiver if the individual is receiving or begins to receive similar services from any other State or Medicaid funded program. 
The initial Caregiver Support Services budgets will be approved in the amount of $1,000 for each eligible individual regardless of the number of eligible individuals residing in the residence. Upon exhaustion of funding, subsequent budgets may be requested by the individual’s Caregiver Support Services provider and will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Any new budget is dependent upon available funds. 

Applications may be made online, by mail or in-person. To apply online, you will need to access the following DDRS website at Or you may call the BDDS District Office and request an application be sent to you or apply in-person at the BDDS district office. Please contact the respective District Office for your county of residence for more details and a Frequently Asked Questions is available by clicking here.   

No comments: