IDOE is inviting the public to provide feedback regarding the state’s request for a one-year waiver from the U.S. Department of Education regarding federal accountability requirements. Specifically, a waiver from the following:
- Annual assignment of federal ratings based on 2020-2021 data;
- Identification for federal statuses of comprehensive, targeted, and additional targeted support based on 2020-2021 data;
- Measurement of progress toward long-term goals based on 2020-2021 data;
- Adjustment of a school’s academic achievement (proficiency) score based on a participation rate below 95 percent; and
- Annual reporting of certain data related to accountability based on 2020-2021 data.